| Terms & Conditions
Calendar of payment :
- Initial payment :a 50 % down-payment is due upon reservation to make your Paris apartment rental reservation official. This is payable by credit card and is subject to a 3% merchant charge.
- Final payment : The balance is payable (in cash) when you check in. We cannot unfortunately accept either traveler's or cashier's cheques. The final payment can also be paid by credit card, no less than 7 days before your date of arrival (again subject to a 3% merchant charge).
Terms & Conditions relating to your booking: (these terms reflect those to be included in a rental contract to be signed by guests and Pad-A-Terre
1. To reserve the property an initial deposit of 50% of the total rental value is due. This serves as good consideration to enforce the contract, thus once received by the owner, the apartment is considered ‘booked’ and those terms relating to future payments due and refunds apply.
2. The balance is payable upon check-in and before keys are handed over. Payment of the initial deposit serves as good consideration to enforce this contract and the payment of the remaining balance due. In the event that you should cancel the booking, 40% of your initial deposit (this representing 50% of the full rental amount) is refundable up to twelve weeks prior to the intended check-in date. In the event of a cancellation up to six weeks prior to the check-in date, Pad-A-Terre reserve the right to debit the final balance due (remaining 50% of total balance) from the intended guest’s credit card. The card to be debited is that used for payment of the initial 50% deposit and for which the guest has already provided written authorisation. This amount will be debited in the event of a ‘no-show’/refusal of payment on behalf of the guest upon arrival. Agreement to this contract serves as express authorisation of such a transaction.
3. The guest who is party to the signed contract is required to complete a credit card authorisation form upon check-in. Under no circumstances will the keys for the apartment be handed over
in the absence of this authorisation.
Pad-A-Terre will only debit the card in the event of damage to the property and its contents and will then make an appropriate charge to cover replacement/repair . Breakages and other damage to the property and its contents should be notified to the owner or his agent prior to check-out.
Credit cards will be debited once the cost of damage has been ascertained and details forwarded by email/fax. Pad-A-Terre are not authorized to debit amounts that exceed that paid for the rental. All costs incurred are subject to a 3% merchant charge. Receipts will be provided for all replacements/repairs and forwarded by fax. In the event of the cost of necessary replacements/repairs exceeding the full amount paid for the rental, the guest will be required to make a claim against his/her personal insurance policy (see point 4 below). Again, details of damage and receipts for necessary replacements/repairs will be forwarded by email/fax.
A charge of 150 Euros will automatically be made per key for any keys not returned. The keys are security keys and are difficult, not to mention expensive to replace.
Two sets of keys will be provided per party.
4. You are strongly recommended to take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy for each member of your party, that includes cancellation cover, medical insurance, all personal effects. In any event, the ‘Guest/s’ is/are requested to take out a policy that includes a public liability clause to protect against any eventual damage to the apartment caused by any member of the party. Such protection is standard in all household insurance policies. The owner’s insurance is ineffective in this instance and the ‘Guest/s’ remains/remain personally liable for all damage incurred, either by himself/herself/themselves or any member of the party.
5. Unless otherwise indicated, the rental period starts at 2PM on the first day and ends at 10am on the last day. The owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated, but will be happy to offer it whenever possible and upon request at the time of booking. You are not otherwise entitled to remain in occupation after the aforementioned time. These restrictions are predominantly designed to allow time for cleaning the apartment prior to the next check-in.
6. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed that number as originally stated in the original booking request (unless amended and agreed at a later date).
7. You are expected to behave in a civil manner, avoiding loud noise, and unruly behaviour which may disturb other tenants.
8. You must report to the owner or his agent, without delay, any defects in the property, any breakdown in the equipment, machinery or appliances. Arrangements for repair or replacement shall be made as soon as possible.
9. Our aim is that your stay is as enjoyable as possible and that you feel at home, as if you are in a top-grade hotel. We do not therefore seek to encourage ‘vigilance’ in terms of electricity consumption but are required to discourage you from being negligent. Electric heating systems in ancient Parisian buildings are costly to run, thus there is a ‘ceiling’ on your consumption. We are not going to split hairs in levying extra charges provided you are ‘more or less’ within the ceiling. In fact this ceiling would only be reached were you in fact negligent as it reflects a consumption that is twice that ever recorded for the property. The limits per week (pro-rata for longer) are as follows:
Heures pleines: 6 am to 10.30 pm - 140 kWatts
Heures creuses 10.30pm to 6 am - 70 kWatts
In the unlikely event that you should significantly exceed those limits. then the relevant amount will be deducted from your security deposit. To avoid this, please just ensure that you turn off all lights and radiators and close all windows before you leave the flat. Do not sleep with the radiators on (you will also dry out the flat and give yourselves a bad headache in the morning!)
Amounts are calculated as follows:
Heures pleines: 9.41 Euro centimes/kWatts
Heures creuses: 5.75 Euros centimes/kWatts
10. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all areas of the flat. More than anything this is out of respect for future guests. If you do smoke, you will be liable for a thorough cleaning of the flat and its soft furnishings. This amount will be deducted from your security deposit.
11. No pets.
12. The rental amount paid includes free local calls, within reason. Such calls include calling for cabs, booking restaurants and other emergencies. They do not include e.g. connecting to an ISP or calling friends/relatives in Paris (for which a calling card should be used). Any usage that is deemed ‘unreasonable’ will be charged to the guests’ credit card and a copy of the phone bill forwarded by fax (at the guest’s request).
13. The owner owes the tenants no legal liability in the event of any:
· temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property.
· loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond his/her control.
· loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property is destroyed, or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owner shall, within 10 days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
Under no circumstances shall the owner's liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
14. Both parties agree to terms 1-14 of this contract and to the relevant details of the ‘Booking Form’. All pages have been signed and dated by the ‘Guest’ and both parties have both hard and electronic copies of the final contract.